Runin DC

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Szczecin, Poland


High rise apartments seen from the train




The Odra River -- the river that I wanted to take a dip in, but decided against it when I took a peak

The train from Szczein, Poland to Zurich, Switzerland was fun and interesting. Lots of transfers.
Szczecin is a very unique, historic town right on the Oldra River that feeds into the Baltic Sea, only 15 km away.   I really wanted to take a dip in the river but I went looked over and saw the oily slime, I changed my mind.

I wanted to spend more time in Poland and eventually visit Warsaw, but for now this would be it.  I was on a time crunch and needed to be home this weekend.

So, I didn't spend much time in Poland.  Caught the next train back to Berlin and then the night train to Switzerland.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Running in Budapest (8 August)

The Lake Zurich Swim

Operation Welcome Home