Runin DC

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Prague Plus Hostel -- Great Rooms, Terrible Bikes




I've definitely enjoyed the interesting experience of staying at Prague Plus Hostel.  The amenities are FANTASTIC with a sauna and pool, open in the morning and evening.  


The club house, bar and restaurant is well decorated and quite equipped with plasma screen displays, pool table, and loud music. 


The food is actually quite tasty.  I enjoyed a nice, warm authentic Czech dinner with roast pork smothered rich with tomato sauce.  Later that evening, when the munchies got the best of me, I enjoyed bruschetta bread, with heap of tomatoes, mozarella cheese and basil.


There were lots of college students, I mean tons from all continents mostly from Europe and Australia -- Big difference than the Historia Hostel where the residents were a lot older (though, much younger than me, I'm sure).



They put me again in a eight-person dormitory bunk room (coed) with only one shower and one toilet.


The staff are also very hospitable and friendly.  I was very impressed by the whole experience.  The night crew even let me stay in the lounge all night long and use their WiFi while I waited for my 0630 train to Berlin (which I decided to skip so I could finish my YouTube video).


On the second day, I checked out a bicycle from Praha Bikes at the Prague Plus Hostel.  I have to say that the quality of the bikes is quite shabby.  I know, because I checked out two bikes that day.  The first bike the chain would pop out and eventually completely came out of the derailer.  I had to walk the bike (45 mins) back to the hostel and Praha Bikes charged me about 20 Euros for the damage, which I explained to them was not my fault.  Still it fell on deaf ears.


Needless, to say, I still had time left on my rental, so I took out a second bike.  This time, the bike was better, but still needed a tune up.


Still biking was a great idea, because it gave me a chance to see a lot of the sites from Old Town, Wenceslas Square, New Town, Charles Bridge, etc.


I was also able to get a good swim at the Hostel twice today, so I was able to squeeze in a three-sport training day in Prague -- first time during this trip. Running was long, but it was rigorous. Loving this city, and glad I'm able to continue training.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Running in Budapest (8 August)

The Lake Zurich Swim

Operation Welcome Home