Runin DC

Sunday, August 2, 2009

London Triathlon was Super Spectacular Fun

The happiest time known on a race track -- the completion of an olympic triathlon


I have to say, I've never seen a triathlon like this before. It was extremely well organized, everyone seemed friendly and talkative, the vendors were very helpful and offered wonderful deals and I loved how the race course ended directly inside the Expo. Which allowed me to capture some heart warming candid shots with the athletes and family. I was truly impressed. If this is what London is providing as a taste of things to come in athletics in the future, then we are in for a big treat.


There were lots of embracing and kissing scenes at the finish line -- another mark of a great race.


After seeing a bunch of happy and ecstatic participants, family and friends, it was confirmed that coming to London to observe the event was totally well worth it. My only regret was that I didn't get a chance to run -- after all the Airlines lost my running shoes.

My only regret was that I didn't get a chance to run. But I did take some notes for Cancun in Sept. And I am motivated to resume my training (when I get back in mid-Aug)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Running in Budapest (8 August)

The Lake Zurich Swim

Operation Welcome Home