Runin DC

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Operation Welcome Home


Relationship

I flew in with approximately 200 Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen who deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan for up to one year.

A flight that I barely made (Space-A), and one that I didn't expect to make turned out to be the highlight of my trip.

Understanding

It was an honor flying with my brothers and sisters back home. And it was a great honor being in the receiving line of the best, most heart-felt welcoming I've ever witnessed in my 20 years of service.

What a wonderful way to come home after the whirlwind tour of Europe and a fantastic way to end my Navy career.

I start school on Sunday and go on terminal leave until the end of October.

Thank you sincerely to everyone especially Operation Welcome Home for giving our Heroes the welcome that they truly deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Running in Budapest (8 August)

The Lake Zurich Swim

Operation Welcome Home