Runin DC

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heading to Istanbul

I'm heading to Istanbul on a whim and a prayer...  

After not getting a seat on the overly crowded Space-A flight to Ramstein (it was an active MEDEVAC flight), I drove back home and went back to the drawing board.

"What shall I do, now,"  I wondered.  Frustrated but still faithful.  I came up with a new outrageous plan.

I will still run in Europe.  However, there is now a new twist.

Instead of starting in Germany, I will start in Istanbul, the crossroads of Europe and Asia.  I will fly there from Dulles. I will spend a day or two there and will swim in the Bosphorus Strait.  This is the body of water that separates the European and Asian side of Istanbul.

From there, I plan to catch a train from Istanbul to Budapest and spend the night.

Next will be another train to Prague where my fun and exciting journey will continue.  My final European city, Berlin, I hope.  I have to be in school by the 16th, or else I'll be in big trouble.  (I hope my GW professor is reading this, just in case I make it back with sound body but not mind...)







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Running in Budapest (8 August)

The Lake Zurich Swim

Operation Welcome Home